Cyber Centre of Excellence
for Local Public Services
Learn – Training
Cyber Training For Your Organisation
On top of identifying the best solutions to protect against cyber-attacks, we have identified a world-class team of cyber specialists and experts to work alongside your organisation to ensure that you are as protected as can be. We can offer support from improving your organisation’s cyber strategy, through to extensive training on how to install and maintain cyber technology.
Browse our selection of training courses below, or alternatively get in touch with us directly if you would like some guidance on what you and your organisation need.
Cyber Risk & Resilience Board & Executive Awareness Course
This course aims to provide delegates with the opportunity to explore and discuss cyber risk and resilience and how to provide effective governance, risk management and strategic implementation.
The course objectives are to provide better:
- Understanding of the business issue and context of cyber risk & resilience;
- Understanding of how to structure cyber risk & resilience strategy, governance, risk management and capability;
- Understanding of cyber risk & resilience governance, risk management paradoxes, decision-making and questions to ask
- Non-Executive Directors
- Executive Managers
Course duration: This course can be either a half-day or a full day.
Data Protection & GDPR Awareness Course
The following components are covered in this awareness course:
- Aims of the GDPR – summary of key changes, the Information Commissioner’s Office, changes to data protection law, preparation, sanctions, case studies and cyber security
- Definitions and Principles – data protection terminology and principles
- Processing, Consent and Subject Rights – how to comply with the law, processing sensitive personal data, performance of a contract, legal obligations, obtaining consent, methods for obtaining consent, right to withdraw consent, consent to transfer data outside the EEA, existing consent and data subject rights
- Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA) and Data Protection by Design and by Default
- Specialist staff who have to work through the detailed implications of the GDPR.
- Also those who must execute governance; provide risk management and functional advice to boards, executive and senior managers.
Course duration: This course can either be a half-day or a full day.
Data Protection & GDPR Practitioner Course
Linked to several IISP skills groups, notably the Legislative Environment, Governance, Risk Management, Capability, and the practical aspects of preparation and on-going compliance. After completion, delegates will be able to:
- Describe the key components of the GDPR.
- Understand the key concepts and activities required to become GDPR compliant and implement change.
- Understand the relationship between GDPR governance, risk management and capability development.
The practitioner course will include self-study and provide a number of practical and hands-on scenarios to apply knowledge and skills to.
- Data Protection Officers (DPO) and those requiring a more detailed knowledge to support organisational change and on-going compliance.
- Also suitable for risk managers, IT, human resources, legal and security specialists.
Course duration: This course is 4-days.